Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Global Commodities & Trade (GCT) are accountable for the delivery of commodity risk management and derivative financing solutions and trade finance products for the banks clients across the Business & Private Bank / Institutional Banking & Markets clients in Australia and the International offices.
Your impact & contribution:
This role is part of the GCT financing team and will be responsible for working with Client Solutions in originating, structuring and executing commodity financing solutions in Australia and New Zealand.
You will draw on your unique skill set and experience to drive traditional, structured and bespoke solutions through origination and retention efforts of Institutional Banking clients. This will involve sales initiation and coaching, building senior level stakeholder relationships across client and industry ecosystem teams.
This role is crucial in cleanly ascertaining if new opportunities are ones that the Group is positioned to deliver or if investment in new product and/or capabilities are required to generate returns.
It is expected that the output from this role will significantly enhance the Commodities & Trade brand and reputation through a highly focussed and analytical approach and execution that will come from a real Leader / Innovator in the Commodity & Trade industry.
- Socialisation of commodity financing structures within the organization and identification of key opportunities, including borrowing base, pre-export financing, commodity ownership financing structures, receivables and physical supply chain financing.Working with risk, capital and distribution teams to optimize deal structure; risk, policy and capital settings; and distribution of assets.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure we build a best in class, scalable platform that leverages real time data to support the portfolio build including stressing transactions and portfolios, and event scenario analysis (e.g. liquidation of assets).
- Develop and implement a business plan to grow financing in Commodities & Trade in Australia and New Zealand across both traditional and structured products with a focus on product and brand awareness, pipeline and revenue growth
- Identify and deliver quality new to bank / new to product sales opportunities
- Be seen as a true industry expert in this field and drive innovation in thinking / approach
- Develop close working senior level relationships with key stakeholders and staff to gain a thorough understanding of the key business drivers
- Build strong and effective relationships internally with coverage MDs, EGMs, product specialists, risk, finance, relationship managers, and externally with targeted decision makers (‘C level’) and key industry participants
- Develop and implement marketing activities that increases the profile of the business development team within the Bank and to our clients (seminars / panels etc)
We are looking for an individual with:
- Strategic thinking and ability to represent GCT strategy internally and externally at all levels
- Proven track record in consistently delivering at the highest level of performance
- Substantial experience in banking or related financial services, in a sales role incorporating traditional, structured and commodity trade finance
- Strong ability to drive business outcomes from initiation to execution within complex institutions
- A demonstrated ability to build senior relationships, influence and collaborate with all relevant stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline
- Post graduate qualifications strongly preferred
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial well being of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 1st November 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Applications close: 01 Nov 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.