Associate Compliance - 10 month role
Associate Compliance, Global Compliance Monitoring, Chief Operating Office,
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group’s relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising, transactional and risk management products and services.
The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing equities, markets, lending and transaction banking execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with business customers.
Client Solutions (CS), leads banking relationship management and the provision of transaction banking, risk management and capital solutions to our clients. The team’s purpose is to provide IB&M clients with solutions across the financing spectrum to support their strategic objectives.
The Global Compliance Monitoring team sits under the Chief Operating Office (COO) function and is responsible for completing all of the compliance monitoring activities for all Institutional clients within IB&M Client Solutions business.
The team’s remit is to ensure that the Bank and the client deliver on transactional obligations with set service agreements.
Your impact & contribution:
- Contribute to the effective management of IB&M’s Institutional Loan and Lease portfolio across the six industry eco-systems
- Direct liaison with clients in relation to enquires relating to their compliance requirements under their Facility Agreements with Commonwealth Bank
- Ensure all information and general undertakings are diarised, followed up and assessed in accordance with bank policy and defined SLAs.
- Maintain effective client records within the Deal Management System for audit trail purposes
- Maintain effective relationships with internal customers and stakeholders – including those in international locations
- Identify and take accountability for delivering continuous improvement opportunities across the team and stakeholders
- Participate in the overall development of the team by demonstrating and sharing best practice
- Contribute to a collaborative and dynamic team culture as part of this important business function
- Complete trend analysis on the Institutional Lending and Leasing clients financial position and performance and make appropriate recommendations to Risk Management at an individual client level or industry level
Your experience and qualifications:
- Experience in financial statements analysis, credit decisions, or risk recommendations
- Demonstrable understanding and experience working with Institutional lending and leasing products and clients
- Demonstrable attention to detail and time management capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capability in handling issues related to operational risk, process or business management.
- Commercially focused with strong analytical skills, including the ability to understand and analyse facility agreements and financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to form relationships with external and internal customers and become a trusted partner to the business
- Ability to liaise effectively with multiple stakeholders across varying locations
- Ability to collaborate with team members and contribute to a dynamic working environment , but also work effectively in an autonomous capacity
- Capacity to work in what could at times be a high pressure environment requiring tight timeframes
- A CAN do attitude! A strong customer service mentality and proactive approach to your day-to-day activities
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial well being of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 14th October 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Applications close: 14 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.