You will play a key role within the team by bridging the gap between understanding the needs of the finance community and the capabilities of the group reporting system. The systems accountant will be responsible for delivering enhancements to the reporting platform to ensure the group reporting team and international markets benefit from a best in class finance reporting system.
Our client is a well-known global FMCG brand who have pioneered innovative technology and engineering solutions. They have an excellent reputation in the market and offer exceptional training and development opportunities.
The systems accountant will be responsible for the following:
- First line support for queries relating to the group consolidation system; providing ad-hoc training/support as required
- Identifying and implementing changes/improvements to the system
- Work closely with finance users to gather clear requirements. Liaise with IT as appropriate to manage upstream change.
- Taking a hands-on/proactive approach to developing solutions in the system.
- Support the wider team managing SAP Finance Metadata and understand the need for consistency.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a robust change control process, including the maintenance of documentation for SAP Finance Metadata management.
- Advise on SAP access security for new and existing users, and approve SAP Finance access requests
The systems accountant will be:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Experienced with consolidation systems (Desirable) or multi-dimensional finance systems
- Good IT Skills (SAP, MS Office)
- VBScript/VB.Net knowledge (Desirable but not essential)
- Inquisitive and have a mind with a logical approach to problem solving
Up to £50,000 basic salary + additional benefits (including a discretionary bonus)