Internal Audit & Controls Manager - Global Agriculture Company
To develop and promote the design and operation of a new effective and efficient internal audit system, reporting into the Group Head of Risk.
Our client is part of one of Japan's leading multinational companies yet operate independently as a network of companies and branch offices across Europe . The integrated resources provide a powerful platform for product development, marketing and logistics in the agriculture sector.
Our client is a chemical company which specialises in the development and distribution of technically advanced agricultural products including plant protection products, fertilizers and seeds.
The company's headquarters are in London, managing our network of companies and branch offices based in France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Russia.
Assisting in the development of a risk based Annual Internal Audit Plan.
Support Group Risk in updating Internal Control Framework in accordance with audit findings, changing Group environment and stakeholder requirements.
Drafting of reports and presentations to the Audit and Risk Committees.
To assist the business streams and central functions in the development and maintenance of their risk registers, including organisation of risk workshops.
To manage internal audits including:
- Planning and preparation for audit visits.
- Management of the audit fieldwork through analysis of processes and controls, testing of key controls and data analytics.
- Agreement of findings and recommendations with local and group management.
- Recording audit results, findings and recommendations in the audit management system.
- Drafting, agreement, finalisation and distribution of the audit report.
- Management of team members' work during the planning and fieldwork.
- Working with professional advisors in their support of internal audits, where relevant.
- Providing support and information to the operating divisions on financial controls and risks management topics.
- Follow up on the resolution of audit recommendations.
To part take in ad-hoc Audit and Risk projects, which might include:
- Strategic and operational risk analysis.
- Investigations into risk incidents including fraud.
- Back office efficiency/effectiveness monitoring and cost reductions.
- Demonstrable experience in Internal Audit and/or Internal Controls
- Knowledge and experience of J-SOX / SOX or C-SOX (ideal not essential)
- Ideally CIA/PIA/IRM/ACA/ACCA Qualification
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time international
- Line management experience is ideal but not essential
This role will offer you the chance to work within a growing team where you can implement a brand new internal audit and controls matrix. You will work closely alongside the risk team and interact with key stakeholders.
The team is in the midst of being created so this role will allow you to truly add value and business partner.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays. On a discretionary basis, additional paid holidays may be granted over the Christmas period
- Bonus dependent upon company and personal performance of up to 1 month's salary
- Defined contribution pension scheme after 3 month's service. Company contribution 8% for an employee contribution of 2%, company contribution 10% for an employee contribution of 5%
- Building Nuffield Gym and swimming pool use, free of charge.
- Office based in the City of London