Senior Manager, Accounting Compliance & Reporting, Tax - Perth
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Balance work and passions through our innovative flexible work options
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
We are looking for a Senior Manager within the Accounting Compliance & Reporting team in our Perth office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
EY's Corporate Tax practice, specifically the Accounting Compliance & Reporting (ACR) business, continues to grow rapidly, as we support clients to transform their finance function and improve efficiency. With data at the core for tax and finance teams, the ACR business is investing in innovative technologies and processes to cost effectively create, manage and leverage data, to achieve financial reporting and tax compliance for our clients. We are excited to evolve our management accounting service, to managed service capability, with a view to pursue opportunities where we operate as the finance function, for a growing middle market portfolio of national and international clients. We think the future is exciting and we are looking for an innovative, solutions orientated leader to join our growing ACR team.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Senior Manager, you will lead initiatives to deliver an effective accounting operation providing managed services to clients, bring insight to transform delivery models, leverage technology and seek innovation to automate processes
- Your finance insight will identify opportunities and provide insight into helping companies achieve an efficient and effective finance function
- Drawing on your skills and experience in leading teams, you will support a diverse range of clients with their accounting needs and implementation of finance transformation initiatives. This will include management accounting needs evolving to managed services
- Your experience will lead the business through key strategic initiatives including operational excellence, innovation, market expansion, talent development, client leadership and business transformation
- You will identify target clients, building a client portfolio, as well as supporting team recruitment for future growth
- Completed CA/CPA qualifications
- Previous professional services experience in a business advisory/or corporate services role, preferably within a chartered environment
- Proven track record to develop and commercialise solutions that deliver value to clients/stakeholders
- Market influence and ability to build broad client relationships at senior executive levels
- Strong commercial acumen with a proven record to convert new clients and achieve sales targets
- Depth of experience in operational leadership of a business unit, division or portfolio with record of profitable growth
- Extensive experience in the delivery of accounting services or finance solutions to clients
- Team leadership and experienced in staff management of diverse teams of 15-20 staff
- Effective performance management with record for talent development
- Efficiency focused with an aptitude to transform and/or automate processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of ERP accounting software is preferable
- Strong business advisory, finance performance improvement or finance transformation skills
- Experience with cloud accounting packages (including Xero, Xero App's & MYOB)
- Experience with MS Dynamic NAV, SAGE and Netsuite would be preferable
- Experience in a CFO role, outsourced CFO or Shared Service leadership role would be of interes t
EY's Tax practice believes a better working world is helping our clients navigate through a rapidly- changing business and tax environment. EY professionals combine agility, diverse thought, tax technical depth and the power of technology and analytics to provide exceptional value to clients by developing and executing strategies quickly and effectively, with strong accountability and governance. Learn more about Tax here - https://www.ey.com/au/abouttax
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.