Senior Associate - Melbourne 12 Month Role
Institutional Banking and Markets (IB&M) is responsible for managing the Group's relationships with major corporate and government clients and institutional investors, and provides a full range of capital raising and risk management products and services. The division also performs an important internal role for the Group by providing FICC market, lending and capital markets execution capabilities to other CBA business units that allows them to capture opportunities with their customers.
Our purpose is to enhance our clients' success through market-leading capabilities and unique insights.
The Debt Markets team is part of IB&M’s Global Markets division and structures solutions that meet our client’s capital, funding and liquidity requirements.
The team provides advice on pricing, market conditions, deal structuring, documentation, marketing materials and the execution of loans, bonds, securitisation and hybrid securities.
Your impact & contribution
A 12 month opportunity has arisen in the team supporting the Loan Markets Origination Director.
As Senior Associate you will work with senior executives in Debt Markets to drive origination and execution of debt markets transactions.
The role provides exposure to clients, banks and investors, as well as an opportunity to understand the end-to-end origination and execution process across multiple products/markets.
- Prepare client pitches and RFP responses which typically include an overview of funding options, funding strategy, key credit considerations, market conditions, indicative pricing, comparable peer/transaction analysis, process/timetable, execution considerations and credentials
- Prepare pricing updates, market updates and case studies to support ongoing client marketing efforts
- Support deal preparation: prepare marketing materials including information memorandums, private placement memorandums and bank/investor presentations
- Support deal execution: prepare engagement letters, credit papers, syndication strategies, invite letters, co-ordinate data room/Q&A, organise roadshow logistics, draft investor profiles, maintain deal timetables and draft announcements
- Develop structuring skills through review of term sheets and documentation in conjunction with senior executives
We are looking for an individual with
- Highly developed research, analytical and preferably financial modelling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as an ability to present/speak to clients, banks and investors
- Ability to synthesise information and grasp complex structures quickly
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond to address the needs of clients
- Proactive and high level of problem solving skills
- Collaborates and operates well in a team environment under pressure
- Ability to manage a variety of both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to drive process and productivity enhancements
- Risk Mindset: All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a values driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial well being of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you. Please apply online to be considered for this role.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at CommBank.
We value you and won’t leave you hanging. Our advertising closes 22nd October 2019 but expect to hear from us within a week of the closing date. Best of luck!
Applications close: 22 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.