Associate Accountant (Fees and Billing)
FEE ANALYST – CONTINENTAL EUROPE FEES - LIMERICK
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
About The Role:
This is a Fee Analyst position within an established International Fees Team and is required in order to support the business in EMEA. The successful individual will be based in Limerick and will report directly to the Continental Fees Team Manager who is also based in Limerick.
The team is responsible for the timely capture, recognition, billing and collection of non-custody service revenue for multiple legal entities and products across EMEA. This includes the calculation of the monthly revenue accruals and other control activities as part of the regional and global month end accounting close process.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for timely and accurate client billing across Northern Trust entities working to strict reporting deadlines.
- Straight through collation and processing of revenue data received from stakeholders;
- Collation, manipulation and analysis of source data to calculate revenue for complex fee arrangements;
- Processing and manipulation of significant volumes of data within excel;
- Collation and issue of corporate invoices in line with legal agreements in a time sensitive environment across various products and legal entities;
- Manage payment instructions and oversee debtor balances of assigned Clients to ensure timely receipt
- Calculation and accounting of fee accruals to ensure revenue for all clients and services are recorded in the correct accounting period
- Record the cash settlements and reconcile cash to the General Ledger
- Initial set-up and ongoing maintenance of client static data, ensuring correct interpretation of legal arrangements.
- -Work with the New Business, Client Services, and Operations Teams to ensure all new / terminated business is captured in full, correctly accrued and invoiced within agreed timelines for assigned Clients.
- Timely communication and escalation of billing delays / issues.
- Responsibility for Client / Business / Finance queries ensuring timely resolution, documentation and escalation.
- Own all client queries and work with Team Manager to identify and implement solutions to all billing challenges.
- Revenue variance analysis and reporting compiled accurately and within corporate deadlines;
- Provide cover across the wider Non Custody Fees team as required.
- Ensure adherence to SOX and audit requirements. Continually improve and strengthen controls.
- Input to fee related internal & external audits.
- Complete ad hoc / project work as required within deadlines agreed.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a fast paced environment where month end financial reporting deadlines and compliance with documented controls and processes are paramount.
- Good Excel skills required.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills;
- Ability to apply the required level of logic, complex reasoning or problem solving skills to independently identify and resolve issues as they arise;
- Exceptional relationship building skills targeted at ensuring deliverables are met with internal and external partners;
- Enthusiastic and positive personality;
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve on a timely and independent basis.
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Advanced level of IT skills notably MS Excel
- Experience in Fund Administration/Transfer Agency/Operations within Financial Services is preferable
- Experience in financial operations, billing, accounts receivable or finance function of a multinational organisation is preferable (financial services experience an advantage)
- Experience in a compliance focussed environment
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.