M&A Integration Accountant
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big.
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Teamwork is important at Apple, and every single day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. As an individual, you will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as being part of the Global Business Solutions (GBS) function.
You will join the Record to Report team, which consists of over 60 employees responsible for Fixed Assets, Treasury Accounting, Intercompany, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Accounting, M&A Integration and a team of regional lead accountants. This is a key role in a fast-paced environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
The role is primarily responsible for documenting and improving the processes for US GAAP, local statutory & tax compliance functions across a range of legal entities in EMEIA. This position is tasked with providing support to the GL teams, wider business teams and also works closely with the other GBS accounting organizations in APAC, China, and AMR. This function primarily supports M&A entities. You will also be responsible for regular project and operational improvement work.
This role will give you exposure to the wider Apple organization. If you are a real standout colleague, flexible, interested in interacting with teams locally and globally, great at building good working relationships and interested in working on improvements in execution than this position is an exciting opportunity for you.
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel and Keynote. Experience in Business Intelligent Tools: Business Objects, Advanced Excel (VBA, Macro), Tableau & SQL an advantage.
- Business insight, strong business partnering skills, organisational skills and awareness of the big picture.
- Identify issues and drive to resolution on a timely basis.
- Ability to build effective relationships and show influencing skills.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, project management, communication skills required.
- Multitasking; flexible in working to tight deadlines.
- Self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious.
- Help improve processes and drive standardisation for the teams within the Record to Report (R2R) Team.
- Document key data and reporting processes for the GL team in R2R.
- Responsibility for implementing key process improvements within the R2R team.
- Work directly with business partners to analyse requirements, develop a deep understanding of underlying process and propose/implement automated solutions that will help the business execute effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure appropriate systems, processes, tools and business relationships exist to enable effective legal entity controllership and compliance.
- Responsible for the post acquisition integration of M&A entities – including US GAAP accounting, Local GAAP statutory accounting and Tax Compliance. Manage the relationship with key stakeholders and reporting teams to propose solutions, and facilitate prioritisation of work.
- Influence requirements for improvements to reporting tools with an eye for eliminating manual data extraction and processing.
- Maintain data integrity of SAP to ensure US GAAP rules and local legal statutory and accounting reporting requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring processes are compliant for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Support GBS initiatives and ad-hoc GL relevant projects as requested.
Education & Experience
- Qualified Accountant
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.