Upstream Finance Analyst
The R&A analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of their process responsibilities. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery. The role will have a mix of deliverables between complex accounting and reporting activities. Ensuring business transactions are accounted either automatically or manually in line with the Standard Global Processes as well as Shell and External accounting guidelines or to build accounted numbers into standard reports. This could be through automation of systems or manual interventions
- Preparation of reports for stakeholder reviews and Latest Estimates/Business Plan
- Variance Analysis and Commentaries for monthly/yearly expenditure
- Has a deep understanding of the impact of external trends and competition, challenging the Business/Function to think through strategic issues and value opportunities
- More exposure to commercial/business activities.
- Monitoring on the department monthly spend to ensure no overspend
- Month end closing, ensure correct and complete cost accruals
- Ensure monthly Management Information packs is prepared and sent to the business/Finance, Interpreting financial information and provide challenge & analytical support and follow up on ad hoc requests from stakeholders
- Independently troubleshoot issues that arise, make adjustments and corrections as needed
- Interpretation and understanding of changes in Group policies, and its impact on in-scope activities.
- Update knowledge on latest changes in local accounting and tax, and its impact on current tasks.
- Ensuring team is continuously updated with business change(s) through frequent discussion with corporate/ business finance.
- Continuously identify area to improve the existing processes through additional controls, automated reports & SAP programs, checklists.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.