Fixed Asset Accountant
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Full Time Regular
This role is part of the Fixed Assets group which rolls up to the Global Fixed Assets group. The Fixed Asset Accountant will provide support to the GFA Regional Lead based in Kuala Lumpur including the areas in fixed asset processing, reporting, fixed asset counts & compliance and audit.
- Assets Gain & Loss account reconciliation and clearing
- Reviewing and clearing of open items in asset accounts
- Assistance with Fixed Asset processing and journal entry adjustments
- Month End Reporting analysis including Roll Forward reporting and Capital Expenditure reporting
- Provide timely support to functional groups including FP&A, Ops Support, Material groups involved in fixed asset processes.
- Providing support for external audit and tax requests
- Monitoring and tracking of capital projects
- Special projects as assigned
- Any other temporary work assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Good attention to detail with good analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully
- SAP knowledge is plus
Locations: Kuala Lumpur
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.