About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Administrator to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Worsley, Manchester.
To assist with ensuring that all transactions are accurate and processed in line with company deadlines and contribute to all aspects of the financial control environment.
What you'll be doing
As a Finance Administrator, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
- Assist with the management of the weekly cost allocation process to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Interpret, cross analyse and record complex data in all core systems and record and rectify where applicable.
- Provide administrative support, assistance, efficient and effective service contributing to the achievement of cash collection and associated targets.
- Work with commercial and finance colleagues to ensure that wherever possible, financial information and analysis is presented in a consistent and clear format.
- Foster relationships at all levels within the business to promote the value of the Finance function and actively develop and implement financial best practices.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required due to the demands of the business.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Previous relevant experience in a Finance role
- Good financial & commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Great communication skills - oral and written
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Ideally studying towards/newly qualified AAT with a view to move on to study a professional Accountancy qualification - CIMA/ACCA (or equivalent)
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.