Senior Manager, Everyday Banking Remediations
Senior Manager, Everyday Banking Remediation
See yourself in our team:
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
The Everyday Banking Product team (EDB) manage the largest Retail Transaction and Deposit business in Australia, with over 10 Million account holders. Our primary purpose is to ensure we achieve the right balance between Shareholders and Customers, delivering sustainable value for both, whilst always providing a safe and enjoyable workplace for our people.
Within EDB, the Quality & Controls team supports the core business to get things right. Our mission is to prevent problems from occurring in the first place, and making things right correctly, accurately and in a timely manner when they do.
Do work that matters:
The role fundamentally supports the EDB team to make things right with our customers, following the identification of a customer impacting incident.
You will be accountable for the overall timelines of the remediation within your portfolio and managing the relationships with the Product team and the RBS Centralised Incident Remediation Team (CIRT) to maintain the backlog and deliver on prioritized remediation to the timelines agreed.
A key responsibility for this role includes:
Working directly with stakeholders within a range of CBA teams to support the timely and effective completion of customer remediation, and ensure appropriate governance is maintained to ensure compliance with obligations, primarily under the Operational and Compliance Risk Management Frameworks, and the Group Remediation Policy including:
- Being the key EDB Product specialist relating to customer remediation, including:
- Ensure all financial remediation are identified when incidents are discovered and information is properly documented in our risk system per our incident management and remediation policies.
- Track the prioritisation of the backlog and end to end timelines of incidents with financial remediation to closure with your colleague in the CIRT team.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Remediation Policy throughout the lifecycle of a remediation
- Working with a range of stakeholders, primarily within the EDB and CIRT teams, to ensure remediation progress in an efficient and effective manner, whilst always ensuring we align with CBA values
- Executing required steps in Remediation projects, in particular smaller ones that are completed without the support of CIRT.
- Identify and resolve issues and risks specific to the remediation portfolio and resolve or escalate the issues across the work streams.
- Involvement in notifications/responses to Regulators in relation to remediation.
- Developing the strategy and roadmap for EDB Remediation’s, to ensure key milestones and timelines are understood and agreed.
- Indirectly leading the strategy execution, to ensure the strategy is executed well, with regard to a variety of lenses
- Developing EDB remediation frameworks and principles that facilitate the appropriate balancing of speed and accuracy.
- Providing any support as required from time-to-time by the EM Everyday Banking Issues & Incidents.
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Risk Management, Product Management, Payments or operations.
- Experience in managing and influencing varying levels of stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills.
If you are an experienced professional with a desire to take on complex work then we would love to hear from you!
At CommBank, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value’s driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focussing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Applications close: 25 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.