This Accounts Assistant role, based in Alton will see you working closely with the Finance Manager. Covering the PL/SLSL and getting involved with month end, this role will give you some great exposure within the finance department.
Our Building and Construction client is based in Alton. As a business they are growing fast in the UK and internationally with a culture that is caring, enjoyable, dynamic and professional, and you will feel very much part of the exciting growth journey they are on.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all sales invoicing
- Maintaining the fee management, contract receipts and deferred revenue schedules.
- Assisting with the monthly debtor and creditor reports.
- Responsible for the purchase ledger including processing all supplier invoices, ledger maintenance, reconciling supplier statements and goods received
- Setting up all electronic payments ready for approval.
- Processing, posting and reporting of company credit cards and employee expenses.
- Bank account reconciliations, all cashbook postings, petty cash and banking.
- Assisting at month-end with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ordering and controlling of office supplies, equipment and maintenance.
Accounts Assistant experience:
- Basic high-level understanding of the complete finance process in a modern firm.
- Excel / Word
- SAGE 200 knowledge would be advantageous but not essential.
- Some form of Accountancy qualification such as AAT
- An excellent eye for detail - meticulous approach.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- A proactive approach, willing to make suggestions and to look for ways to improve systems and processes.
- Good interpersonal skills
This job offers a highly competitive salary and one of the best benefits packages in this area as well as perks & offers unique to the building and construction industry.