- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions and solving discrepancies.
- Maintains general record by transferring subsidiary accounts and preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups and keep all information confidential.