The key purpose of the Finance Manager is to provide support to the Heads of Finance, and assist with all aspects of the Financial Accounting function.
A private bank with a global presence having recently acquired a smaller, boutique firm in London. The client has managed to maintain their size & stature whilst also maintaining a smaller firm culture which is a great balance. The current office is in an ideal location in Central London but are also in an exciting process of moving to a new, equally well-located office.
- Play a key part in the month end process, including preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Calculation of revenue accruals and billing clients quarterly
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations and payments
- Automation of manual processes
- Assistance with the statutory audit process, including the preparation of financial statements
- Assistance with regulatory reporting
- Producing useful reporting, with an emphasis on revenue analysis
- Dealing with other offices and being a representative of the London office
- Ad Hoc Finance tasks
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Experience of working within a Finance team/department, preferably within the financial services sector. Asset management / Wealth Management would be ideal.
* Experience involving banking, account reconciliations, preparing financial statements and preparing VAT returns
* Report writing skills, comfortable analysing large amounts of data and reporting the results
* An understanding of statutory accounting rules, along with VAT and corporation tax rules.
* Professional, committed and organised approach to work with a drive for results and a customer service focus
* Good analytical and problem solving skills combined with attention to detail and good communication skills
* Ability to learn and be proactive and work in a team to achieve results
* Ability to handle confidential information
* Commitment to continual professional development
Looking to pay between £35,000-£45,000 depending on experience. The client will also offer a very comprehensive benefits package which includes full study support