Manager, Technology Risk, Risk Advisory - Canberra
- Work with iconic government and industry clients
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Be part of a high-performing, supportive culture
We are looking for a Manager within the Technology Risk, Risk Advisory team in our Canberra office. This role is offered on a flexible full time basis.
We're looking for an energetic individual to join our Technology Risk team . The team work on an incredibly diverse range of work, mostly for the public sector. These engagements are often intricate and challenging; working on some of the most complex problems for our clients.
You will be working with Partners who have vast consulting experience including ex-Secretaries of Commonwealth and State Agencies.
Your key responsibilities
- Providing clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape and the controls in place by identifying key risk areas within the organisation associated with IT governance, information security, systems & project change and IT operations.
- Planning and managing engagements involving IT reviews and audits, program assurance, assessments of IT processes against leading practice IT risk and security frameworks and common standards (e.g. COBIT, ITIL, ISO 27001/02, Service Organisation Controls Reporting and agreed upon procedures reviews against standards such as ISAE/ASAE3402/SSAE16 ).
- Making suggestions clients in managing these risks, working closely with them to help create trust and confidence in their internal controls and reporting, providing assurance related to internal controls, assessing risks and controls and providing industry/sector insights and thought leadership with a focus on risk and control matters.
- Managing the financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates-to-complete to partners and client.
- Helping partners to generate new business opportunities, build client networks/relationships and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Australian citizenship and the eligibility for security clearance.
- Extensive experience working as an IT Auditor or IT Risk Adviser within government agency (ideally), or a globally/nationally recognised professional services firm, or a large corporation.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in having applied relevant technical knowledge in either (a) financial statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) ISAE/ASAE3402/ SSAE16 engagements; and/or (c) ERP security (Enterprise Resource Planning) and controls reviews.
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams, managing project delivery and engagement economics as you will help develop our people through inspiring teamwork and effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff.
- A relevant Bachelor's and/or Post Graduate qualification.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, IIA, CPRM, Risk & Compliance Management, PRINCE2, MPS/PMBOK, ITIL, PMO (or a willingness to pursue).
Our Advisory service line focuses on helping clients to improve their performance and manage their risks more effectively. From an improved finance function, enhanced supply chain, or superior customer experience, EY teams are able to offer added value and turn our client's strategy into reality! This is why Advisory is the fastest-growing service line and an energetic, fast-paced environment. Learn more about Advisory here .
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Build your legacy with us. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.