Associate, Employment Law, EY Law - Sydney
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
- Opportunity to take on large amounts of responsibility early in your career
Our leading Employment Law team is growing and if you are interested in working somewhere where new ideas are welcome, you gain global exposure across multiple jurisdictions and help to solve client issues with the use of digital law technology then read on!
Your key responsibilities
- Providing high quality advice to internal and external clients (both in Australia and internationally);
- Drafting employment policies, the full suite of employment contracts, related assignment letters and documentation;
- Reviewing and interpreting legislation and industrial instruments and conducting BOOT analysis for compliance projects and EBA drafting;
- Advising on the employment law aspects of mergers and acquisitions and restructures including undertaking employment law due diligence.
- Advising and representing clients in relation to employee claims such as general protection and unfair dismissal claims
- Experience in an Australian top-tier, mid-tier, boutique employment law firm or Big 4 legal practice of approximately 3-5 years PQE
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- A detailed understanding and demonstrative knowledge of Australian employment law
- Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
- Flexible approach to work and excellent rapport building skills across all levels
Who are EY Law?
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2200 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world, and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here
What working at EY offers
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is $87,000 including 9.5% superannuation.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.