Assistant Project Accountant
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Project Accountant to join our Highways team to work in Reading.
What you'll be doing
As, Assistant Project Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:-
- Reconciliation of 3 bank accounts;
- Monitoring CSUK weekly payment runs to ensure payments are made from the correct bank accounts, and to the correct project;
- Maintenance of trial balance & cost reports for 5 different project numbers all relating to M4, correcting errors when found;
- Assisting in the production of profit & loss account & balance sheet for BBV Joint Venture;
- Liaising with Commercial & Operational staff to ensure accuracy costings;
- Obtaining relevant information in the preparation of long- and short-term cash flows and variance analysis against actual;
- Producing cost information for the monthly valuation process;
- Ensuring clients audit queries are promptly answered, thus reducing disallowed cost levels;
- Gathering and reporting of information required for completion of the annual tax pack;
- Asset control - capitalising, depreciation, tagging and listing of all assets over GBP1000 as required by Highways England;
- Reviewing of fixed assets register on a regular basis;
- Raising of invoices for miscellaneous sales and contract charges to subcontractors for PPE;
- Ad-hoc accounting reports;
- Producing information for client (Highways England) such as updating of project bank account, tracker & cost information for clients audit team.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
- Extensive accounting experience including knowledge of long-term contract costing.
- Part qualified Accountant.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.