Finance Manager - London Regional
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager - London Regional to join our Enabling Functions team to work in London.
- Support the London Regional leadership team in ensuring the safe and effective delivery of the business financial objectives.
- Provide assurance on all processes and procedures where there is a financial impact.
What you'll be doing
As a Finance Manager - London Regional, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing timely, accurate, and useful financial reporting for all projects;
- Overseeing routine cash forecasting and engagement with commercial team, ensuring high quality and accurate forecasts across the portfolio;
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial records are kept for all delivery projects within London Regional SBU;
- Reviewing and validating revenue on a monthly basis, ensuring contractual margins are applied;
- Monitoring key KPIs across the business and the industry sector more widely;
- Seeking ways to improve upon the financial reporting and other aspects of the business;
- Reviewing and control expenditure on defects;
- Providing constructive and independent finance function challenge and leadership into projects;
- Reviewing and challenging performance of contracts. Support and influence operational management to make improvements;
- Producing, reviewing and challenging quarterly forecasts;
- Attending Project Review Meetings;
- Supporting the Finance Director in ensuring a high level of financial control is in place;
- Building relationships and improve collaboration with operational teams demonstrating strong understanding of project performance and associated risks;
- Continuously improving processes and reporting to manage risk and deliver efficient and effective practices;
- Preparing quarterly forecasts and budgets;
- Reviewing and monitoring WIP and over-measure balances together with debtors and outstanding retention balances;
- Ensuring relevant balance sheet accounts accurately reflect the current status of the contracts and the wider business;
- Providing finance expertise and challenge to Project Teams;
- Ensuring cash collection is prioritised and regularly reviewed including liaising with Commercial Management;
- Coordinating the reporting of new orders and sales pipelines;
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and company procedures.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
- Demonstrable ability to form effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong Commercial finance awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of People management and development
- Ability to manage challenging situations
- Pro-active and highly motivated
- Resilience and tenacity
- Good organisational skills;
- Able to Prioritise;
- Decision Making skills;
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Previous experience of working within Civil Engineering / Construction company.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.