Tax Compliance Team Member
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Tax Compliance Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work at Longbenton, Newcastle.
You will be required to perform all aspects of tax compliance process for multiple operating companies within the group
What you'll be doing
As a Tax Compliance Team Member you will:
- The preparation and submission of Group VAT Returns and supporting reconciliations;
- The preparation and submission of Joint Venture VAT Returns and supporting reconciliations;
- Assisting with all related Ad-hoc VAT elements including Suspense Account, EC Sales and Intrastat etc.;
- Assisting with all related PAYE elements including PSA etc;
- The calculation of quarterly Group VAT Return Payment;
- CITB Calculations & reconciliation;
- Maintain processes and manuals; and
- Assisting with general research and projects (Automations/Legislative).
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- AAT/ATT qualified Would be desirable
- Achieved an A-C grade in Maths, English and IT at GCSE or the equivalent
- Possess the ability to proactively manage your workload and work independently
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of people
- Experience of Oracle(11i/R12) and COINS would be beneficial
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Experienced - Double Entry Bookkeeping and Control account reconciliations
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.