Credit Controller (Medical)
A brilliant opportunity for a Credit Controller (Medical) to join a growing accountancy team in the heart of London. A hugely successful and innovative medical company are looking for an experienced Credit Controller (Medical) to get on board during an exciting period of growth.
Page are proud to represent a growing medical company in a fantastic London location. They have a hugely successful and large accountancy team and have a section of the ledger that needs an experienced Credit Controller (Medical) to come in and chase the debt!
- Take responsibility and ownership of a portfolio of customer accounts and collect the debts in line with the company's credit terms.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with key customers in the Group to ensure prompt payment of outstanding debts.
- Prepare and provide customer statements on a monthly basis and follow up any outstanding debts that are overdue as necessary.
- Contact clients to chase payments by following the process as outlined by the Head of Credit Control (Doctors and NHS Debt Collection). This will include but is not limited to; making outbound calls and letters to customers, whilst providing good customer service.
- Handle any telephone queries and enquiries from practices, insurance companies and patients, and assist the wider credit control team with ad hoc requests.
- Deal with client queries and liaise with other departments to ensure entry and billing errors are amended in a timely manner.
- Escalate overdue accounts to Credit Control Supervisor for suspension in the event of non-payment.
- Ensure that customer accounts are up to date through allocating cash to customer accounts as appropriate on a daily basis.
- Ensure BACS account is reconciled daily and payments are allocated accordingly.
- Assist the credit control team by establishing close working relationships with the London based Sales and Service teams and acquire working knowledge of the relevant areas.
- Any ad hoc projects as required by the Head of Credit Control and the Group Financial Controller.
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience dealing with a high value ledger and a high volume of accounts
- Confident dealing with queries
- Experience working for a big company
- Experience in BACs payments, dealing with card and cheque payments
- Friendly, driven, ambitious
- Team player
- At least 2 years experience in credit control
- Experience working in a large team
A competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to get on board a hugely successful and innovative medical company. They have modern office spaces and a lovely accountancy team. Please do not apply if you do not have the relevant experience.