Assistant Category Buyer
36 Hours p/w
If you’ve got a passion for retail, a talent for finding solutions and the ability to build outstanding relationships then we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
As a member of the Purchasing Team in the Commercial Services department at NEXT Head Office, you’ll report into the Packaging Buyer. The main focus of the Team is to deliver a wide range of labelling and packaging solutions and services for the business at the best possible price and in a timely manner.
- To assist with developing and sourcing labelling and packaging for all clothing and accessories divisions, with primary responsibility for childrenswear packaging.
- Work with a UK and overseas supply base of around 25 key suppliers, and assist in their associated account management and appraisal.
- Manage the critical path of individual developments and ensure on-time availability.
- Communicate with internal Product buyers on price/reference/source information for their individual product areas.
- Support spend management projects through the e-sourcing tool.
- Progress artworks with nominated suppliers, and create technical specifications for assets on the NEXT packaging asset database.
About You: -
- Currently working in a development/sourcing environment, ideally with some packaging experience/knowledge.
- Some experience of price negotiation and agreeing costs, including the use of e-commerce.
- Methodical approach, with an aptitude for Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, especially on email, and be comfortable communicating with a range of audiences and tailoring content accordingly.
- Great time management skills – a natural multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities simultaneously.
The Hiring Process: -
Following CV screening you will be informed if you have been successful at this stage via email, and if so, invited for first stage interview at our Head office in Enderby, Leicestershire. Candidates will then be shortlisted for a second stage interview. Each interview will last up to 1 hour and be with 2 people.
Where possible, Next endeavour to support all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this vacancy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0116 272 7000.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes: 25th Oct 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.