Asia-Pacific Analyst - EY Knowledge Research & Insights
New leadership provides the opportunity for a strong analyst to meet stakeholders quickly and deliver the FY20 Asia-Pacific Area priorities. This role requires the ability to combine strong analytical skills, a strategic mindset, and real-world perspectives of what would matter to clients, and how EY can be positioned. At the same time, success in the role is heavily based on the ability to build and collaborate with internal networks, sharing information across sectors, service lines, accounts and solutions, and using that information to further strengthen the quality of materials produced. Come make a difference to EY’s future, while building your own.
Essential Functions of the Job:
This role is the analyst for the AsiaPac Area focusing on connecting ASEAN priorities as part of the Asia-Pac Knowledge Plan. Specific activities and deliverables include:
- Working with the Regional Accounts Leaders to understand business requirements as they map to Area Knowledge
- Engage market segment, BD, marketing, and other teams to provide a whole of firm perspective, create thought leadership, and enable all of EYKnowledge offerings
- Drive qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform internal strategic decisions, support planning, and enable new service offerings/growth platforms
- Work with thought leaders to support external viewpoints on macroeconomics and geopolitical analysis; drive quantitative statistical time series analysis on macroeconomic indicators
- Perform competitive intelligence to understand EY’s position and opportunity in the market, then work with BD and marketing colleagues to go to market
- Drive analysis on hot topics in ASEAN to enable client conversations
- Provide research, analysis and insight support to major pursuits, including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Be proactive in identifying materials, credentials and other information, particularly from key engagements, that are relevant, and sharing that information in appropriate formats with teams and communities (eg accounts, solutions, sub-service lines).Support the collection of benchmarking data from pursuits, engagements and proprietary research to enhance the depth of data available on the EY Benchmarking database and to the broader firm, and use data from EY Benchmarking to support domain priorities.
- Act as a role model within EY Knowledge and the domain and positively influence change by: leading by example; championing knowledge-sharing behaviours; connecting people; encouraging enterprise-wide sharing; and appropriately leveraging and reusing existing collateral.
- Strong focus on research competency with active participation in Research & Insights competency development offerings related to research leading practices
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the domain to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers and the root causes of trends.
- Capable at identifying issues and trends that translate into key market-facing initiatives and opportunities for EY.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesise information, review data inputs and provide analytic insights
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable at coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualisation.
- Understands the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the business, and how knowledge analytics and measurement enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop a considered point of view
- Capable of putting individual projects/initiatives into a “big picture” context
- Credible experience working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Comfortable presenting to audiences and interfacing with stakeholders and internal customers at different levels of seniority
- Well-structured oral and written communications skills; able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients’ needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Willingness to build a network of internal contacts to help support domain and broader business objectives
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customised projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at working on a number of projects simultaneously
- Understanding of the business and demonstrated commercial acumen using commercial language that presents knowledge activities in the context of business objectives
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills to talk about knowledge programs in a clear, compelling manner with a professional demeanor
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- May help to manage multidisciplinary project teams, often working virtually across service lines and geographies
- Limited direct supervision responsibility but must help to cultivate a high-performance teaming environment with analysts in a global, multi-cultural and virtual environment
- Reviews the work of colleagues and mentors their skills development, and puts forward work to be reviewed
- May serve as counsellor or manager for other analysts and specialist
- May require occasional travel
- Proficient in English, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree or postgraduate qualification an advantage
- 5 - 7 years experience in strategy, business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising organisations in the relevant domain
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.