Order to Cash Team Member
3 days left
- Full time
Electricity Supply Board (ESB) was established in 1927 as a statutory corporation in the Republic of Ireland under the Electricity (Supply) Act 1927. With a holding of 95%, ESB is majority owned by the Irish Government. The remaining 5% is held by the trustees of an Employee Share Ownership Plan.
ESB's purpose is to create a Brighter Future for the customers and communities we serve, by leading the transition to reliable, affordable, low-carbon energy. Through our diverse businesses across Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britain, we aim to meet the customer energy needs by bringing the best of our capabilities together to deliver innovative and value-driven solutions for a low-carbon world. Today, we continue to drive progress and change, constantly innovating and evolving to stay relevant and reliable for the many people who depend on us. We are harnessing all our resources for a brighter future, investing in our people and working collaboratively with partners to enhance the lives of our customers, drive economic progress and bring about a more sustainable future.
ESB has a centralised Finance Operations organisation that provides a range of Finance services across ESB Group. The Order to Cash team resides within Finance Operations and is responsible for issuing invoices for various business units ensuring they are processed accurately and on time. Debtor management and follow up is also a key feature of this role.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work as part of a large finance team. Key priorities for Finance Operations is the delivery of best practice finance processes and the continued development of staff. This role will be based with the Order to Cash team with a working relationship across Finance Operations and multiple business units across ESB
- Processing of invoice requests on behalf of various business units across ESB
- Set up and maintenance of systematic monthly and quarterly bill plans
- Processing of invoices using output from Resource Related Billing and Project Portfolio Management Systems
- Management of the Intercompany transactions process across a number of statutory entities
- The production of debtor reports for various business units across ESB
- Liaising with customers and business units in relation to the collection of outstanding debt whilst maintaining good customer and business unit relationships
- Reconciliation of key accounts and the issuance of monthly statements to external customers
- Responding to all queries received in a timely fashion including the close out of same including where necessary escalation to the Order to Cash Manager
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and internal customers
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A good understanding of basic accounting and billing processes
- An ability to act independently
- Highly motivated – be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team to deliver high quality of work to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Prior exposure to working with SAP a plus
Accounting Technician or equivalent desirable but not essential.
Matthews Building, Dublin 2
Manager, Order to Cash Function
14th October 2019