Graduate Development Programme 2020- Fund Accountant- Dublin, IE
Who we are
HedgeServ is a uniquely capable, full-service global fund administrator. We deliver integrated front, middle and back office services to investment managers. We support all investment types, including hedge funds, and service over $350 billion of assets under administration through over 200 client relationships. We have over 1200 professionals globally across offices in Dublin, Cork, Krakow, Soifa, New York, Boston, Luxembourg, Sydney and Cayman.
At HedgeServ we recruit, train, and motivate our graduates on an on-going basis. Here, a graduate can expect a challenging role where you develop valuable skills and design a clear path for your career advancement in our Fund Accounting department.
What you can expect
At HedgeServ, graduates are in the unique position of gaining exposure to the full fund valuation process, up to and including financial statements. The nature of our working environment encourages development of valuable skills and job stimulation through clear goal setting and in turn makes for swift career advancement. We adopt a blended approach to our graduate development programme mixing on-the-job training with our award winning bespoke technology systems, as well as classroom based and e-learning support from our dedicated training department.
HedgeServ encourages and supports graduates to pursue a professional qualification through our tuition support programme in order to enhance your professional development. As such, we are an accredited employer with ACCA, ACA, CIMA and CPA as well as supporting other post graduate studies relevant to your future career.
We offer a market leading salary and benefits package with regular salary reviews during your graduate development programme. We offer a tailored health and well- being programme; have a very active Sport and Social Club and we are committed to supporting local charities.
HedgeServ was recently shortlisted in four categories, including Graduate Employer of the Year, at the Gradireland Awards, recognizing innovation and achievements in our graduate programme.
As a Fund Accountant, you will be responsible for the execution of challenging tasks, within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supportive supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager.
Integral to your role, is the reconciliation, trade capture, processing of corporate actions and pricing. You will be required to perform these core tasks accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- The preparation of Cash and Positions Reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of income and expense accruals
- Verification and processing of corporate actions
- Assist in the audit process and financial statement preparation if required
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal service departments and clients
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Ensure that HedgeServ’s client focused ethos is maintained on a daily basis
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 2.2 Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- IT Literate with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
How to Apply
Our application process is straightforward. If you would like to apply for this role you can send us your application by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
To ensure prompt processing of your CV please include the following:
- Expected final year degree result
- Leaving certificate points or equivalent
- Visa status where applicable
A valid work permit to work in the Republic of Ireland is required; unfortunately we are only in a position to accept applications for non-EEA candidates who hold a Stamp 4 Visa.
Interviews for our 2020 Graduate Development Programme will take place April and May 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.