Graduate Development Programme (Immediate Opportunity)- – Fund Accountant – Cork, IE
Who we are
HedgeServ is a uniquely capable, full-service global fund administrator. We deliver integrated front, middle and back office services to investment managers. We support all investment types, including hedge funds, and service over $350 billion of assets under administration through over 200 client relationships. We have over 1200 professionals globally across offices in Dublin, Cork, Krakow, Soifa, New York, Boston, Luxembourg, Sydney and Cayman.
At HedgeServ we recruit, train, and motivate our graduates on an on-going basis. Here, a graduate can expect a challenging role where you develop valuable skills and design a clear path for your career advancement in our Fund Accounting department.
As a Fund Accountant in our NAV department, you will be responsible for the execution of challenging tasks, within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supportive supervision and guidance of a Fund Accounting Supervisor and Fund Accounting Manager.
Every Fund Accountant will receive training tailored to key topics related to your role. In addition there will be client-focused, technical on-the-job training, throughout the course of the graduate programme.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
- The preparation of Cash and Positions Reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of income and expense accruals
- Verification and processing of corporate actions
- Assist in the audit process and financial statement preparation if required
- Establish and maintain good relationships with internal service departments and clients
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Ensure that HedgeServ’s client focused ethos is maintained on a daily basis
Pre-requisite knowledge, skills and experience
- Minimum 2.2 Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business Degree
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA) is not required but would be an advantage.
- IT Literate with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this role you can send us your application by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.
To ensure prompt processing of your CV please include the following:
- Expected final year degree result
- Leaving certificate points or equivalent
- Visa status where applicable
A valid work permit to work in the Republic of Ireland is required; unfortunately we are only in a position to accept applications for non-EEA candidates who hold a Stamp 4 Visa.
Please note: If your CV does not include the above information, your application cannot be processed.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.