Manager Credit Models - 12 Month Contract
RBS Risk Management is a unique team sitting across the Retail Banking Services (RBS) and Risk Management divisions.
RBS is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
Risk Management is responsible for protecting the Group’s interest by offering insightful risk leadership and a commercial yet independent approach to managing risks.
RBS Risk Management facilitates implementation of the Group Risk Management Frameworks and culture within RBS and monitors adherence.
The Risk Analytics Strategic Initiatives team is a part of the broader Risk Analytics & Reporting team within RBS Risk Management, primarily supports the strategic deployments and operational management of credit risk models and data management.
Do Work That Matters
You will join a high performing, agile and high profile team and assist in supporting credit risk models and building an analytics and insights centre of excellence within Risk Management.
Your role as a Manager, Credit Model Strategic Initiatives will work closely with other teams within RBS Risk Analytics & Reporting to enhance the quality of data infrastructure and documentation, governance and reporting to increase the data driven insights across all risk types; credit, operational and compliance and will support the robust execution of the risk frameworks within the RBS Risk Management Division. You will regularly monitor, assess and wherever required document the state of data risks for RBS Risk Management, and actively participate in Group wide key technology programs impacting Risk Analytics & Reporting. You will also ensure successful engagement with Enterprise Services (ES) (CommScore, A&I) and Group Capital Analysis Reporting & Data Management (GCARD) on IRB; and Collective Provisions (CP) model deployments, data remediation initiatives.
You will have responsibility to
- Gather, understand and document requirements for the development of tooling to provide assurance and controls over credit models
- Design and develop sustainable tooling to be leveraged for testing and audit purposes
- Ensure appropriate engagement across a diverse group of people to ensure optimal solutions e.g. Credit Model Analytics Assurance, Regulatory and Risk Data etc.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement opportunities including but not limited to identification of synergies across IRB and IFRS9 models, data and process optimisation
What we need from you
- Effective leadership, project management and teamwork skills
- Understanding of Basel II and III and credit risk frameworks, risk measurement frameworks, in particular, for Credit Risk
- Strong experience in working with data (e.g. extraction, manipulation, merging, validation)
- Experience in the use of data/analytical software: SQL, SAS, R, Python.
- Familiarity with the following analytic tools: Tableau, R, SQL, SAS and Excel
- University degree in a numerical discipline including, but not limited to, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Finance.
- Experience with the design, build and/or maintenance of credit risk models desirable but not a prerequisite
Applications close: 20 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.