The Restaurant CPA/Accountant will assist off site Accountant in accurate accounting, control and reporting of all inventories at The Fort Restaurant and The Fort's retail store. Each Manager is in charge of each department (Front of the House, Back of the House, Retail, etc.,) who will manage his/her own inventory, and submit it to the Accountant on the 1st of each month. The Accountant will also reconcile sales vs physical inventory daily to include spot checks of physical meat, retail and alcohol counts. Works with Onofrey & Hirschfeld CPA firm on providing accurate inventory reports monthly.
Accountant/CPA will assist GM with payroll review through ADP portal, and assist in all payroll reporting, on the 5th and 20th of each month.
CPA/Accountant will also assist Asst. GM in accounts payable, scanning and reconciling invoices, weekly.
Additionally, the Fort's CPA/Accountant may occasionally be asked to assist with the non–profit Tesoro Cultural Center's accounting assistance ( also located at The Fort) with Tesoro management and the CPA firm Onofrey and Hirschfeld handling Tesoro's accounting.
Reconciling Orders and Receipts– must check in orders, and reconcile what was ordered with what is delivered. Receive all inventory and general product deliveries, and at receiving, have kitchen staff weigh cases, inspect and count each case, then reconcile with purchase orders from Chef, Dining Room Managers, and other ordering Managers; sign approved or corrected receiving invoice, and give to respective Managers for their signature of approval, ensuring corrected invoices are sent to Accounts Payable. Perform spot audits.
Monitoring inventory daily by rotating and counting inventory. Reconcile daily inventory with POS sales report/CTUIT and provide weekly shrinkage report to Owner/Manager.
Develop a food and supply budget with the Executive Chef and Asst. GM, and assist them in managing the budget.
Assist Asst. GM and Accountant in payroll, and accounts payable. After invoices have been processed, reconcile vendor invoices with orders and check that payments for supplies, retail purchases and services are accurate.
Deposits: Assist Asst. GM and owner with counting cash, change orders and going to the bank to make deposits or picking up a change order.
Sales Tax and Accounting files– Keep an internal file on the Accountant's filings of all sales tax, including quarterly reports paid, and other necessary reporting documents.
Food Safety / Freshness – Daily inspection of labeled items, rotation of product, labeling of items, discarding any and all product that maybe out dated.
Computer Inventory Management skills: Utilize and understand financial and statistical tools and reports using spreadsheets ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information with the Point of Sales System utilized by restaurant (Aloha), CTUIT inventory management system and skills in utilization of Microsoft Excel, and Pro Quickbooks. Perform spot audits.
Data Entry and Maintenance: Work with Chef and Dining Room Managers regarding inputs and maintenance of CTUIT inventory and recipe management system including all retail products and respective controls. Includes recipe input into CTUIT for menu pricing purposes. Perform spot audits.
Retail Inventory for Gift Shop: Maintain QuickBooks POS system for the Gift shop retail / online store. Assist Gift shop inventory manager to count and reconcile inventory sales and purchases for the retail store through this system. Perform spot audits.
• Coordinates with ordering Managers and third party vendors agreed upon guidelines and policies relating to ordering (Purchase Order Process), receiving and payables processes.
• Back–up electronic files using proper procedures and coordination with restaurant's IT program.
• Communicate directly with vendors/suppliers to resolve invoicing discrepancies.
• Work with Managing Chef, Sous Chef, Asst. General Manager and Owner to assist with pricing decisions based on current inventory costs and portioning.
• Solve problems: assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and or solve the problem.
• Communicate effectively to employees, guests and other Managers.
• College or business degree in Accounting. Certified Public Accountant certificate a plus. Hospitality business school is a plus. CTUIT, Pro Quickbooks, ALOHA computer skills a plus. Must know Excel, Microsoft, Pro Quickbooks and most all Microsoft Business soft ware.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of Hospitality and Retail industry inventory processes.
• Food and Beverage and Retail inventory experience.
• A basic understanding of a restaurant POS.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve inventory control and management thereof to ensure accuracy and accountancy and controls of all inventories.
• Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
• Foster Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
• Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
• Fort CPA/Accountant will work at The Fort with 90% of time focused on inventory counting and reconciling invoices and purchases, and receivables inventory. Extensive computer work in an office environment as well as spot check inventories in coolers, freezers and storage units. Works on their feet 40% of time.
• Fort CPA/Accountant will work five days a week, from 8am to 1pm, or 25 hours per week. There may be a rare occasion to work on weekends or holidays. •
- • The Fort CPA/Accountant may be asked to open the restaurant in the morning shift, and sign in deliveries if needed.