UK Financial Controller
Leading a large finance team, this UK Financial Controller position is required for a leading a services business in central Birmingham.
A £200m turnover UK services business, based in plush offices in Birmingham city centre, is looking for a new UK Financial Controller to support the CFO. Now part of an international group, the UK Financial Controller is integral; giving the business the capacity and bandwidth to deliver the integration whilst leading the team in the monthly financial cycle.
The business is one of the fastest growing organisations in the world in this sector and will be able to provide excellent career progression for the successful candidate.
For a business that is notorious for internal promotions, this is a unique opportunity to join an industry leading services provider as part of the senior leadership team. This UK Financial Controller position will lead the entire UK finance function of 20+ staff with an aim of effective supporting with the operational business partners.
Key duties will include:
- Supporting, leading, mentoring and training the accounting team leaders and the indirect reports
- Reviewing and delivering monthly and quarterly financial performance under IFRS
- Acting as the financial lead for the external audit process
- Producing the management information pack for the UK business and subsidiaries for board meetings
- Responsibility for preparation of quarterly financial report, management, discussion and analysis as well as related filings to Group, for review by management
- Understanding of latest accounting standards, including expertise in IFRS15
- Responsibility for managing and monitoring all budgeting and forecasting
- Deputise for the CFO when required
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading organisation in the city centre of Birmingham. Being part of the leadership team, the ideal candidate will enjoy an autonomous role within an established finance team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a professionally qualified accountant with training from a Top 10 firm (preferably ACA)
- Demonstrate hands on experience of a senior accounting role
- Possess technical expertise in IFRS, internal controls and budgeting
- Be a strong communicator with the ability to explain financial issues clearly
- Demonstrate leadership skills to coach team members
- Have developed, implemented and monitored internal controls
- Show the ability to work accurately with both an eye for detail, and to understand the big picture
- Have the ability to identify and define problems, gather and review data, assess the alternatives, interpret the results, manage the risk, and communicate findings
- Demonstrate growth and result-oriented management style in setting and pursuing goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organisational success
£75,000 - £90,000 + car allowance, bonus, pension & holidays