This company can support your career growth and development into a fascinating and varied role.
Working within a dynamic and growing business that will focus on your development, this is a great opportunity.
The business is a national company with a local office in Newbury, they are an established company having operated in their industry for the last 80 years.
Staff retention and development is key for this business as they look to grow their portfolio and offering to the market.
It is easy to get to via public transport and will offer some access via car as well.
The key aspects of the Credit Underwriter will be to:
- To assess applications received for finance and approve those that meet agreed lending criteria in accordance with their mandated authority and within SLA's
- To assess applications received for finance and recommend to the Head of Credit or the Credit Committee those which meet the lending criteria but are outside their mandated authority.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with colleagues and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person.
- Accurately maintain all related systems, files and Data.
- To ensure all relevant Regulations and Polices are adhered to when assessing any proposal.
The ideal Credit Underwriter candidate will be able to show where they have worked in a detail driven and similar role in the past. You must be able to show where you have signed off mandates and assessing risk and limits.
You must be able to show you are a multiskilled team player with a positive and proactive attitude.
- Strong financial analyst, credit assessment and underwriting skills.
- Understand the relevant UK & IOM Regulatory requirements relating to the provision of credit facilities in these jurisdictions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential as this role will involve influencing at all levels
The ideal Credit Underwriter candidate will have a highly competitive salary package, good staff benefits and a great working environment.