Audit Senior / Assistant Manager
Audit Senior / Assistant Manager role working with a versatile team, who provide excellent support with career progression and support.
Our client are a market leading Chartered Accountancy firm, who are growing into new markets in the south west and need to bolster their already strong audit team.
Duties for this Audit Senior / Assistant Manager role in Bristol will include:
- Working independently within the team, managing and undertaking all aspects of entire audit engagements, including planning, performing and completing statutory audits of financial statements
- Reporting directly to Senior Manager level on assignments
- Clients include Charities, Academy Schools, Financial service providers, Pension Schemes individual companies and groups, across a broad range of industries, and covering smaller owner managed businesses up to £60m turnover businesses
- Maintain and develop client relationships while working on site, and working closely with client management teams to gather information, resolve problems and make recommendations for business and process improvements, and becoming key point of contact and trusted advisor to clients
- Control and management of client and reporting deadlines, including liaison with other departments and members of staff
- Involvement to include statutory audits, as well as non-statutory audit, grant claim reporting and other compliance engagements.
- Undertake non-audit financial statement preparation assignments
- Advise and assist clients with the adoption and implementation of FRS 102
- Opportunities for various ad-hoc projects including management accounting, corporate finance engagements (acquisitions, due diligence, business valuations) and finance raising for clients
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience of working within audit and proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience of working across a broad range of industries, and experience of industry specific accounting practices and treatments would be useful
- Experience of other accounting functions, such as VAT reporting, management accounting and a sound understanding of corporation tax, would also be beneficial
For candidates to be considered for this Audit Senior / Assistant Manager role they require:
Minimum 3 Years Audit Experience
Experience of leading audits
Planning experience would beneficial
Excellent communication skills
Motivation to learn, develop and progress their career
Very competitive Basic Salary
24 days Holiday
Career Progression and support
Friendly working environment.