VAT Compliance Lead
Join the Primark Finance Team in our Dublin HQ. Our Finance team is home to 200 passionate and enthusiastic Finance professionals. They support our global retail business across 12 countries with 372 stores and growing. We are looking for an experienced VAT Compliance Lead to join the team in Dublin. As our VAT Compliance Lead you will be responsible for managing a team, the co-ordination and review of all VAT Returns, Intrastat returns and other indirect tax compliance within Primark Group.
Indirect Tax Compliance
- Responsible for co-ordinating and reviewing Indirect Tax returns and statistical returns across 12 EU countries and Sales and Use Tax ("SUT") returns for certain US states.
- Responsible for ensuring all VAT and SUT payments/refunds are paid/received in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external advisors in ensuring timely and accurate completion of all Indirect Tax compliance obligations.
- Liaise with relevant Tax Authorities where necessary and build on good working relationship established by Primark with the Tax Authorities.
- Prepare for and assist the VAT Advisory Manager in any local VAT audits.
- Involvement in specific project related VAT work rollout to new entities / jurisdictions. On-boarding of VAT compliance of new jurisdictions as and when required.
- Perform, and follow up on balance sheet reconciliations and all necessary VAT/accounting reconciliations.
- Responsible for ensuring all VAT is posted to accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that VAT posted is accurate and in line with expectations.
- Manage and lead a VAT compliance team of up to 6 people
- Responsible for training and developing the VAT compliance team together with reviewing their work
- Working with Primark colleagues and external advisors to enhance systems to meet compliance requirements
- Ad hoc involvement with indirect tax planning and advisory projects for the Primark group
Education and Training:
- Have accounting and/or tax qualification (CTA, ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- Experience reviewing and preparing VAT returns across multiple jurisdictions and co-ordinating the process, an advantage.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Strong people manager who can day to day manage the team.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience working with Oracle, an advantage
- Project management skills required
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines.
Computer Skills and Software Used:
- Windows operating system
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.