Interim Head of Finance #298 @ Healthcare INGO
Interim Head of Finance #298
Our partner, a leading INGO, has been working to improve health outcomes and strengthen healthcare infrastructure for a number of years. They are seeking an Interim Head of Finance to offer strategic oversight and management of their global finances, and importantly to help them prepare for the year-end (financial statements and audit).
- Overall responsibility and oversight of the finance function in the UK and in the overseas offices – ensuring proper administration and a robust control environment, and managing financial risks
- Oversight of all strategic finance, including budgeting, financial planning, cashflow management & forecasting, and provide strategic advice to the senior management team and board of trustees.
- Oversight and responsibility for the financial management and reporting on all grants, especially institutional grants and commercial contracts.
- Lead in preparing the annual consolidated financial statements, audit and budgeting process.
- Management of finance staff in the UK.
- Qualified accountant with experience leading the finance function of a small international NGO; experience of advising on financial strategy, and leading on budget preparation.
- Experience of working in an organisation with a complex grant portfolio, including grants from commercial as well as donor agencies is essential. Experience in managing institutional grants is essential.
- Strong technical skills, including preparing consolidated year-end accounts and preparing for the annual audit.
- Strong analytical & IT skills.
- Excellent finance business partner, able to build effective relationship with peers remotely, developing tools and coaching them as required, but also being able to question figures.
- Flexible, approachable and a good communicator
This is a 6 month contract [4 days/week], paying c. £60,000 on a pro rate basis depending on experience.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.