Corporate Tax Manager
Tax Manager - Corporate Tax, Primark
Join the Primark Finance Team in our Dublin HQ. Our Finance team is home to 200 passionate and enthusiastic Finance professionals. They support our global retail business across 12 countries with 372 stores and growing. We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join the Tax team in Dublin.
You will be responsible for oversight of certain jurisdictions within the centralised tax function for the Primark Group.
Tax Principles and Controls
- Monitor compliance with ABF Tax principles and the Financial Control Framework.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen controls in key areas impacting tax.
Tax compliance and reporting
- Work with Primark team and external advisors to manage the corporation tax compliance cycle and ensure that returns are prepared, reviewed and filed on time.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improved or more efficient tax compliance processes.
- Manage any external tax audits to a successful conclusion.
- Manage the process of tax reporting to ABF for budget, forecast and year-end ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information provided.
- Engage with the group’s auditors throughout the year to ensure they are aware of any tax related issues.
- Manage the preparation and review of tax postings and notes for all statutory financial statements.
Commercial and external awareness
- Review of all transactions, contracts and new business practices from a tax perspective.
- Build relationships across the business to ensure tax is aware of all relevant business transactions.
- Monitor changes in the tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be relevant to Primark and assessing impact of same.
- Identify any tax savings opportunities across the group.
- Work closely with ABF Group Tax, Legal and Co Sec to ensure any new country entry is set up in an appropriate manner for the smooth operation of the Primark group.
- Work with the Treasury team to agree appropriate level, timing and type of funding from a tax perspective.
- Review existing policies and ensure they meet best practice guidelines.
- Constantly monitor transfer pricing framework to meet any upcoming changes in legislation.
- Engage with tax authorities on renewal of existing Advanced Pricing Agreements and implementation of new agreements.
- Manage compliance with all existing transfer pricing agreements.
- Working with the financial reporting team to ensure all systems are compliant with local tax regulations and proper books and records are held.
Development of Team
- Development of the team’s overall responsibilities and ensuring that the team meets all requirements and deadlines relating to reporting activities and that processes and controls meet operational standards.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Big 4 trained with minimum of 7 years’ experience in Tax.
- Proven experience in Accounting and Tax, industry experience an advantage.
- Experience of implementing systems an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.