Interim Financial Controller
A maternity contract cover where you get to make a difference . . . accounting projects, data analysis, tech at your fingertips, projects to continue developing business processes, getting stuck in with reporting and preparing monthly and annual budgets, accounts and cashflow forecasts.
These aren’t just buzz words to lure you in (well they are a bit) but all of these things form the basis of our search for a qualified Financial Controller to join our top 50 Accountancy Practice.
You would be taking the reins from our Financial Controller whilst she goes on maternity leave, we envisage you being with us until Spring 2021. The position is relatively new to us as a practice, hence the need for someone to continue developing business processes and adding value.
Picture this, you would be working closely with our Finance Partner and have the support of a small finance team who all embrace cloud accounting and see the value of using tech. You would be working with Xero, Spotlight, ApprovalMax, ReceiptBank and CCH, let’s not forget good old Excel.
You will be responsible for the accounting operations of the firm, manipulating data to enable us to make bolder, better, business decisions. You will also want to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. If you love the feeling when everything reconciles first time, or you get something to balance when no one else has been able to, we get it!
Having worked in a similar role you will be familiar with the juggling required to manage all the different deadlines a small finance team throws at you; payroll, month end, year-end, VAT returns, being on hold to HMRC, reporting, cashflow forecasting and the creating and reporting of financial statements. . . its busy, but you know that.
So, to recap you will be taking on the role of interim Financial Controller, reporting into our Finance Partner with line management responsibility for a team of 2 (Credit Control and Accounts Payable). You would be with us from November/December 2019 until Spring 2021.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- Being Qualified– ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Having similar experience– we envisage this opportunity suiting someone who is currently working as a Financial Controller/Finance Manager within a professional services firm with experience of LLP Accounts – if you have experience of this position within an accountancy practice, we might actually do a happy dance
- Accounting Projects – whilst we don’t expect you to be a change management expert, it would be great if you had some examples of business processes you have improved and reporting you have introduced
- Technically up to date – UK GAAP, Corporate Directives and Financial policies and procedures
- Xero – this is our software of choice, so experience of working with Xero is required
- Team Leadership – all round people management from recruitment, mentoring, appraisals and identifying training needs, this will form part of your job role
- Excel - You probably don’t admit it, but you still get excited by a good Excel spreadsheet and love working your magic with formulas, graphs, V-Look Up and all the other mastery Excel is capable of
- Communication skills - being able to chat with everyone, to build rapport with Partners and have the ability to convey information to non-financial individuals within the business
- Data Analysis – manipulating data from our practice management software
- Being available to start in November/December 2019
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
21 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice – Tick
Recognised for staff development – Tick
Flexible benefits package – Tick
Flexible working hours – Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down, beer fridge, foosball table etc) – Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.