A fantastic opportunity to join a developing team, in a role which will lead from the front. This Financial Controller role will take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the financial function, with 4 direct reports.
A growing SME in an ever growing sector, with successful and proven organic growth over the past 10 years.
- Ensure business transactions are accounted for correctly and in the correct period for the areas of responsibility and that all financial impacts and implications are recognised
- Assist the Site Director/Responsible(s) allocated in preparing the full forecast and budget process for the site for presentation
- Prepare and issue accurate and timely monthly management reports
- Ensure correct and timely monthly accounting and reporting for all areas allocated
- Responsible to examine customer and product profitability for the business for the sites allocated
- Ensure standard costs are calculated and maintained correctly for the sites allocated
- Proactively review finance process performance and identify continuous improvement initiatives
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Be a key business partner working proactively with the management team and their teams to drive business decisions and understanding
- Responsible for the monthly reporting on key KPI's and cost drivers to facilitate a performance dialogue
- Management reporting to comply with internal and external auditing requests, as well as Group requirements.
- General support within the finance department
- Management of the finance team
* Experience in a similiar position in an SME environment
* Excellent communication, facilitation and inter-personal skills
* The ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance colleagues
* A proven track record of implementing and improving financial controls
* A degree qualification and membership of a CCAB accountancy body or equivalent qualification
* A strong working knowledge of optimising the use of finance systems
* Up-to-date knowledge of financial reporting standards and tax compliance
* Experience of working with overseas companies would be desirable
A very competitive salary, career development and a strong benefit package