- Performs and reviews a variety of accounting functions including payroll, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, grants accounting, reimbursement requests, and revenue accounting
- Maintains special accounting and/or payroll records and filing of vouchers and other documentations.
- Prepares complex reports regarding status of various accounts; prepares trial balances and prepares financial reports and statements; prepares working papers, reconciliations, schedules, exhibits, and summaries; prepares a variety of complex reports involving statistics, legal requirements, fund accounting and other specialized components.
- Performs the data entry activity associated with passing the general accounting entries in the company computerized accounting system. Keeps financial records of establishment up through trial balance.
- Posts details to subsidiary accounts. Reconcile and balance accounts regularly.
- Performs general reconciliation of all accounting transactions; prepares cash receipts vouchers and other journal entries, and makes adjusting and closing entries; posts or oversees the posting of general ledger accounts; maintains expenditure and budgetary control accounts and records; collects and reports statistical and accounting data on direct, indirect, and general costs, revenues, and reimbursements.
- Participates in establishing, monitoring and assessing financial systems, controls and reports. Analyzes and reconciles expenditure and revenue accounts.
- Required to undertake ad-hoc inventory checking assignments as part of annual stock take. Performs assigned accounting functions such as checking and verification of data, audit disbursement vouchers, and credit and debit memos.