A leading waste disposal company has an Accounts Assistant vacancy in their City of London accountancy team.
My client is an expanding energy and waste disposal company who are looking to expand their Accountancy department with an Accounts Assistant in their City of London office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Matching of all supplier invoices to corresponding PO's and Delivery notes.
- Process invoices on the accounting systems (PeopleSoft).
- Ensure all Suppliers/Vendors are correctly set up on the accounting system.
- Support with Supplier Queries i.e. payment queries/ reconciling statements.
- Record VAT correctly (exposure to intra EU and reverse charge accounting of VAT an advantage).
- Ensure standardisation of practice across the entities and consistency with corporate policies and practices.
- Preparation of weekly payment run for authorisation.
- Entering approved staff expenses and reconciling to the underlying receipts.
- Ensure allocations of payments and receipts working with the necessary people to correct any errors.
- Assist in month, quarter and year end close processes, as necessary.
- Support a review period end VAT, AR & AP balance sheet reconciliations to ensure they are complete and up-to date and any differences reconciled.
- Assist in ensuring all Inter-company balances in the AR and AP ledgers are identified and re-classed to the correct GL accounts.
A successful candidate would need to display the following:
- A minimum of two years' experience in a comparable role
- Excellent communication skills
- An accounting technician qualification or similar would be an advantage
- Strong experience using accounting systems (PeopleSoft would be an advantage)
- Strong Excel skills will be beneficial to support analysis
My client offers:
- Study Support
- Pension contribution
- Private Healthcare