Corporate Restructuring Executive - MENA
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Restructuring Executive you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global team of restructuring specialists who deliver high quality advice to our clients.
Our global network of Restructuring Services professionals helps clients develop financial and operational strategies to improve liquidity, credit availability and shareholder return. Our Restructuring Advisory Services team is fully integrated both within our wider Transaction Advisory Services practice and our firm as a whole, and our clients reap the benefits of this broad range of knowledge, skills and experience. We work on the basis of creating long-term relationships with our clients and our teams work closely with them to understand their short and long-term goals - being there at every stage to identify problems and recommend and implement solutions that deliver measurable results.
Your key responsibilities
As a Corporate Restructuring Executive, you will help clients evaluate capital options, capture greater transaction value and achieve strategic objectives – whether they are buying or selling a distressed asset, restructuring a business, dealing with underperformance, or looking to improve cash management. You’ll support in preparation of comprehensive financial reviews of company’s operations, attend legal proceedings, engage in judicial management, support liquidation processes as well as advise clients on corporate risk management issues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - Learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
To qualify for the role you must have
- As a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 3 years of related work experience
- Strong banking, finance and accounting skills with knowledge of Islamic finance (preferable)
- Aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to synthesize findings and link them to client issues
- Strong numerical skills, with evidence of advanced financial modelling skills and proficiency in detailed financial analysis
- Commitment to staying at the cutting edge of knowledge in focused industries
- Excellent command of spoken and written English language
- Flexibility to travel in the region (approximately 25 to 50% of the time)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluency in Arabic both written and spoken
- Ability to work under high pressure and adapt to a dynamic working environment
- Excellent problem solving, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Auditing / corporate restructuring experience
- Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. We are looking for an energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind, and someone who can display a high level of commercial acumen. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer:
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.