Assurance – Extended Assurance Senior (Financial Services), Singapore
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services to our clients.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
The Extended Assurance (EA) team provides clients and their key stakeholders the assurance that their governance, control environment, risk management, regulatory compliance and control environment are effectively designed and operating effectively. The EA team offers these assurance through a variety of services including controls assurance, regulatory/other assurance, independent assessments and internal audits.
You will have the opportunity to take on responsibilities that would allow you to develop a deep and professional knowledge base in markets including wealth and asset management, banking, insurance, private equity, capital markets, fin tech, payment services providers and service providers to the financial institutions.
Your key responsibilities
- Deliver quality EA services to clients and their stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of risk management and controls concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Collaborate to plan engagement objectives and an engagement strategy that complies with professional standards and appropriately address risk.
- Direct field work, manage engagement economics and inform supervisors of the engagement status.
- Monitor the engagement team's progress against the plan and alter it when needed.
- Supervise junior engagement team members and develop them through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to EA staff.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel, assess clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
Skills and attributes for success
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Able to manage multiple engagement and deadline-drive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity within a professional environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, Technology or a related field or Certified Internal Auditor qualification.
- At least 3 years of related work experience in internal or external audit field for insurance, banking asset management, payments industries.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of financial sector business trends, emerging technical and industry developments.
- Knowledge of MAS regulations for financial institutions.
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.