Group Financial Controller
This unique position has arisen as the Group Financial Controller for a high growth services firm in Lincolnshire.
A highly ambitious organisation, this services firm have experienced high levels of growth through organic and acquisition. Despite the challenging market conditions, the organisation operates in a growing corner of the market and are reaping the rewards of excellent planning and a strong infrastructure.
This Group Financial Controller role will provide further capacity to delivery as the business continues to evolve.
This is a classic Group Financial Controller role with the challenging of delivering all financial and management reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis. You will take complete ownership of the financial accounting, year end processes and the transactional finances. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the CFO for a £100m turnover organisation
- Leading and improve the year end processes along with the external audit process
- Creating a strong control environment and manage processes
- To ensure that all transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Scoping out direct report role requirements and grow team
- Managing the close of month-end and all other GL requirements
- Maintaining and overseeing the development of the team
This is a critical appointment for the organisation. The successful Group Financial Controller will provide the rigor and confidence in the number to ensure the right decisions are made by the business. To really succeed as the Group Financial Controller, you will ideally:
- Have a strong track record in financial reporting and controls (ideally with a background from practice)
- Be enthused by working within a complex and high growth organisation
- Have experience in working in PE backed businesses
- Demonstrate strong systems knowledge including Navision and Excel
- M&A or IPO experience advantageous
£80,000 - £90,000 + leading benefits