Job Code: 10850
Location: West Chester, PA
School Brand: Home Office
City: West Chester
School State: PA
West Chester, Pennsylvania
The Revenue Accountant position is primarily responsible for the monitoring of revenue transactions and ensuring they are accounted for accurately, completely, and consistent with the Company's revenue accounting policies. The position assists and may own other business processes including revenue recognition, installment billing, bad debt reserve calculation and other special projects. The position is also responsible for the treasury functions of the Spring Education Group companies. Key responsibilities include monitoring daily cash activity, projecting cash inflows and outflows, managing outstanding borrowings on the credit facility, along with initiating intercompany cash transfers between companies. In addition, the position is the liaison with the third–party vendor handling the real estate and personal property taxes of Spring Education Group.
- Maintains proactive dialogue with all locations. Addresses their needs with regard to revenue and other business processes including answering employee questions and researching problems with customer accounts. Gives guidance when necessary to insure compliance with administrative guidelines.
- Assists with the processing, review, and analysis of accounts receivable, deferred revenue and other relevant areas. Prepares analysis of key revenue accounts to support monthly and quarterly financial reporting processes and management decision making. Analyzes information by developing spreadsheet reports, verifying information, and providing recommendations.
- Assists in accurate and timely month–end close process and financial statement preparation.
- Performs cash reconciliation utilizing Trintech software and online bank websites, generate daily cash sweeps, and review credit card exceptions.
- Maintains schedules tracking the daily cash inflows and outflows of each Spring Education company, utilizes historical data and works with Finance teams at each operating company to project future cash position.
- Maintains records of all outbound wires with supporting documentation and approvals.
- Integrates new and acquired locations into the banking and payment processes.
- Works closely with third party vendors to ensure timely and accurate payment of all real estate and personal property taxes, reviews funding requests, and maintains property tax reserve
- Interacts with internal and external auditors.
- Maintains spreadsheets, records, and files related to monthly close process.
- Clearly and precisely explains issues, procedures, and technical functionality to users including field and management.
- Effectively responds to change in workload requirements and assignments; prioritizes and adjusts assignments to meet daily demands and resolve inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience & Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years accounts receivable and/or accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of general ledger and feeder systems with a proficiency of utilizing reporting tools to compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate month–end close process. Ability to determine compliance with Sarbanes–Oxley and set priorities accordingly.
- Strong working knowledge of automated accounting and financial systems and banking software.
- PC proficiency in Windows environments. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, e–mail, reporting tools, and Web–enabled applications. Knowledge of NetSuite a plus.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and establish and maintain fluid communications across departments including operations and information technology.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral at all levels of staff and management. Ability to explain process to others and offer guidance.
- Emphasizes a strong customer focus to support interaction with multi–site operating environment.
- Attention to detail and process in an environment that includes concrete deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to organize data, prepare schedules, interpret and analyze output, and provide recommendations.
- Strong work ethic. Uses time productively to accomplish work goals.
- Self–directed demonstrating high levels of ethics and integrity; uses time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent follow through with internal and external correspondence.
- Comfortable and adept at dealing with both confidential and sensitive information.