Director of Audit
The candidate will design and implement a risk–based audit program in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditor's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards). Responsibilities also include providing the Audit Committee and Executive Management with assurance as to the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control, the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, the safeguarding of the company's assets, compliance with applicable laws and regulations and respective policies and procedures, and accuracy and completeness of information.
- Design, implement and direct a comprehensive and risk–based internal audit program for the organization in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditor's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- In collaboration with senior management, design and implement a plan to meet the requirements of Sections 302 and 404 of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act.
- Review with the Audit Committee the proposed Audit Plan including the approach utilized in the development of the Plan.
- Report periodically to the Audit Committee on the status of the Audit Plan and the sufficiency of Audit Department Resources.
- Coordinate Audit activities with those of the external auditors to reduce redundancy of audit tests and to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
- Recruit and develop a professional audit staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, experience, and professional certifications to meet the company's audit requirements as well as oversee any outsourced audit services
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Professional certifications and/or licenses such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or other designations required.
- Minimum ten years' progressive external/internal auditing experience which should include managerial level of financial/IT audits and internal control experience.