Commercial FP&A Analyst
Exciting opportunity for a sharp and progressive finance analyst to join a rapidly growing and developing team within one of the UKs most attractive businesses. Based in the heart of Milton Keynes, a role that can offer unrivalled progression and growth.
Part of a global group this leading retail and wholesale business based in the Milton Keynes area are in an exciting phase of growth. A company who are at the premium end of the market and are passionate about their products and market offering. A company who truly believe in all their staff going on a journey with them and therefore rewarding them accordingly not only with great salary, bonuses and package but a great fun place to work where you are encouraged to develop professionally and personally
Commercial FP&A Analyst responsibilities:
The Commercial FP&A Analyst will be responsible for providing financial planning and analysis support to Finance, Technology, Group and Business Strategy business functions.
The position will have a high level of Business Partnering, and the successful candidate will be accountable for providing high quality financial planning and analysis support to the leadership teams of the business functions mentioned above. Although the primary role is as described above, the role is expected to work closely with the other members of the Financial Planning & Analysis team i.e. providing support, cover, sharing best practice, etc.
- Reporting and analysis (including, but not limited to the following)
- Creation of the monthly Technology reporting pack and individual department reporting packs, where appropriate
- The reporting packs need to be of a high quality, accurate, consistent, well presented and understood by Finance and non-Finance individuals
- Provide the commentary and explanation of monthly and annual trends and variances
- Provide historical trending information
- Reporting performance against key metrics e.g. revenue, costs, KPI's, metrics set in the business plan, etc.
- Budgeting and Business Planning
- Ensuring the budgeted revenue and costs are correctly captured in the budgeting models
- Challenging the status quo of the budgeting process, bringing improvements where noted
- Simulation of financial models during the business planning cycle
- Review and analysis of the rolling costs forecast by function
- Helping to create return on investment modelling
- Administration of finance systems
Commercial FP&A Analyst requirements:
- Able to manage expectations of senior management
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Very good inter-personnel skills and good communicator, with the ability to influence and provide guidance to non-financial individuals
- Organised and structured in approach to activities, paying attention to detail
- Willing to use initiative to resolve problems and identify improvements
- Strong analytical and proactive mindset
- Competent IT user with strong Excel skills, as there will be significant work with Excel pivot tables, creation of reports and charts, and using Excel
- A team player, comfortable in taking direction and guidance, and sharing work with other team members
- Ability to learn, use and retain new skills
- Ability to get things done with and without close supervision
Great package with flexible benefits and a culture of rewarding staff for hard work and performance. Opportunity to be part of an extremely dynamic and progressive business that offer excellent personal development opportunities.