- Newly Created Role in Growing manufacturing business in Bedfordshire
- Broad & Varied Role with International Exposure
Based in Bedfordshire, the UK subsidiary of this business are a leader in their field. The company is based in the local area with a strong International network, boasting a success story spanning nearly 40 years. The business has firm plans for growth both internationally and in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Bedfordshire Based SME. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Finance within the business, including maintaining awareness and keeping up to date with any changes that might affect the company.
The ideal person for this role will have a strong sense of commercial awareness. As Number 1 in Finance and a lead for the business you will also work closely with the Country Director on business strategy.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Developing a best-in-class finance function, including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, tax, treasury, working capital management, cash-flow forecasting, customer negotiations and payments, management of the audit process
- Implementing best-in-class financial systems and processes to support the operational and strategic development of the business
- Provide expert financial control, overseeing margins, costs, subsidiary results, and stock and customer management
- Ensuring appropriate levels of internal controls, financial reporting, policies and procedures, and compliance with local statutory requirements
- Managing day-to-day finance operations, administration and HR activities; in compliance with local laws and regulation
- Designing appropriate operating metrics, and preparing and presenting financial results to the Executive Team and Board
- Assessing and establishing the optimum corporate and financial structure for the company, including in relation to tax planning
- Being an active business partner to the country manager and head of sales ensuring sound decision making, effective risk assessment, contract management, provision of financial insight and contribution to the development of overall company strategy and execution.
- Qualified accountant
- Circa 10 years of financial, accounting and operational management with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience in a manufacturing or production led industry desired
- Demonstrated success collaborating with stakeholders in Finance and wider business divisions, with an ability to continuously improve processes and capabilities
- Experience in establishing operating metrics and reporting capabilities
- Experience of interacting with executive management teams, business advisors, including both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent systems skills - expertise in excel and SAP
- Strong management, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Availability for periodical business trips to Europe
This Financial Controller role will offer direct exposure to a strong Country Director and international Executive Team, the opportunity to work for a growing and successful business in the industry, and a generous salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above criteria and would be interested, then please click apply.