Financial Services Tax Associate/Consultant Tax, Singapore
Our Financial Services Tax Group focuses on corporate tax consulting and compliance services for clients in the financial services industry, which encompasses banking & capital markets, insurance and asset management. Our highly trained specialty team is equipped to provide solutions tailored to the needs of our clients.
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job. In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our Financial Services tax team, we’ll look to you for delivering value to our clients by developing innovative and integrated solutions to meet their growing needs. Providing a full range of services to clients including strategy and planning solutions and ideas as well as compliance services. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Skills and attributes for success
- A good understanding of business and tax technical issues
- Ability to transform these into value-added solutions for clients
- Assisting managers in project development including client pursuit initiatives
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in finance or accounting; a CPA or similar certification
- At least 1 year (for Associate level) or 2 years (for Consultant level) of relevant working experience
- Excellent client service skills and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong and motivated team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
Ideally, you also have
- Experience working in an international or large public accounting firm or financial institution
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.