Private Equity Administrator
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust’s commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards.
The key tasks for this role will be to assist in all aspects of the administration for a wide range of onshore and offshore fund vehicles which include trusts, limited partnerships and companies.
- Critical background knowledge of entities worked on
- Effective communication with client, investors and other associated parties (based worldwide)
- Dealing with investor queries in an efficient and timely manner
Purchase and Sale of Investments
- Implements approval process effectively
- Review of documentation / record maintenance
- Implementation of payment / receipt of funds procedure
- Correctly records receipt of documents of title and able to reconcile on a timely basis (safe custody)
- Correctly records the receipt of funds
- Understands purpose of holding companies
- Preparation of asset reconciliations
Bookkeeping / Cash Management
- Understands basic bookkeeping
- Liaises with senior staff on complex transactions
- Understands cash management procedures for specific entities
- Able to reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Able to prepare cash reports on a monthly basis
- Understands the call/distribution process
- Able to calculate the call/distribution amounts for recommendation by client
- Liaises with client and investors regarding receipt/payment of monies
- Liaises with financial institutions receiving or making payment of funds
- Reviews and maintains records
Company Secretarial Knowledge
- Understands Company Secretarial Procedures
- Understands how to prepare and review Company Minutes
- Understands how to prepare and review Company Agenda
- The ideal candidate will be able to show a mature and flexible approach to a working environment and be adaptable to change with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of regulatory issues, book-keeping and Guernsey Company Law would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience in Funds/Private Equity would be highly desirable or a banking or custody background
- Demonstrate strong Time Management & Organisational skills
- Effective Communication skills (Verbal & Written) with fluent command of the English language
- Basic Bookkeeping Skills (Not essential)
- Good PC Skills (required)
The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; emergency family or child care support; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days etc.
Personal and professional growth – a world of opportunity
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. In 2014, these groups were responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness day, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few.
Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment; all are integral to Northern Trust’s culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.