Transaction Tax Associate/Consultant, Tax, Singapore
As part of our Transaction Tax team, you will advise companies and private equity investors on all tax aspects of their transactions, whether it is an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. You will help clients negotiate throughout the transaction life cycle, from initial due diligence to post-deal implementation.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
You’ll be working on a diverse portfolio, helping leading organizations to structure transactions and be involved in market moving transactions. In the process, you’ll strengthen your commercial, legislative and industry sector knowledge, and establish valuable business relationships and networks. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Your key responsibilities
- Helping businesses identify tax risks in their potential M&A deals
- Identifying post acquisition tax demands by having a deep understanding of relevant legislation;
- Managing client and target company relationships effectively
- Working with businesses to meet complex demands for tax reporting, compliance and planning, and tax policy and controversy
- Honing your communication skills in asking better questions at the right time; and
- Broadening your internal and external networks and tax technical knowledge by managing multi-jurisdictional projects.
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical and good project management skills
- Proven excellent team player
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Degree in Accountancy / Business related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year (for Associate level)/ 2 years (Consultant level) of corporate income tax experience is required for, preferably with a large public accounting firm.
- Experience in Singapore corporate income tax compliance and structuring work.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you also have
- Experience in cross-border corporate income tax structuring work
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to supporting your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.