Associate/Consultant/Senior Consultant, Tax Technology and Transformation, APTC, Singapore
Our Tax Technology and Transformation practice provides a wide range of services around various tax operational challenges that our clients face with respect to technology, data, process and people. As part of a global team of tax and technology professionals in 150 countries, you will get plenty of opportunities to use and build upon your experience in strategy and process consulting, data management, implementation of tax software systems and designing and building tax requirements for various systems to help our clients improve the performance of tax functions.
As a member of the Tax Technology & Transformation practice, you’ll create exciting solutions and support the team in building and maintaining relationships with clients. You will be involved in key projects to assist our clients to optimise performance of their functions.
Your key responsibilities
- Evaluate and optimize tax function: By assessing current state, benchmarking with leading practice, providing optimization solution options, etc.
- Process and Controls Enhancement: Re-design and deploy streamlined tax processes including new technology solutions to standardized work processes, embed proper controls and manage risks
- Intelligent Automation: automate tax processing, tax compliance and reporting through various tax technologies such as robotics and machine learning
- Data Management and Data Quality improvement
Skills and attributes for success
- A keen interest and experience in improving the performance of tax functions
- Comfortable with picking up technology processes and software
- Demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others
- Willingness to develop meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems
- At least 1 -2 year (Associate), 3 years (Consultant position), 5 years (Senior Consultant) of relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outgoing and proactive personality
Ideally, you also have
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Accounting and finance
- Development and/or implementation of tax technology solution
- Finance or tax performance improvement experience
- Knowledge and experience in RPA software (e.g., Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath)
- Knowledge and experience in business intelligence software (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, Qlik)
- Good object-oriented design and coding skills in C#, VBA
- Experience and good working knowledge in the following areas:
- .Net Framework
- MS SharePoint
- MS SQL Server - SQL, triggers, functions, stored procedures, the preparation of capacity.
- Computer science fundamentals
- Software engineering, project management knowledge and experience
- C/S and B/S model development
- Experience working in public accounting firms and accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.