Payroll & Benefits Manager
Leading international engineering company in Milton Keynes are on the lookout for an experienced payroll manager to join their retail division and lead a team of five.
We are partnering exclusively with this leading international engineering company with regional offices based in Milton Keynes! Recent acquisitions have created exciting opportunities across a number of different business functions, and this represents an exciting time to join the business.
Payroll & Benefits Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive effective working of the Payroll Operational teams - to ensure consistent seamless deliver of end to end life cycle process.
- Ensure effective control points and quality checks are carried out against defined payroll processes - and all findings are acted upon.
- Build an effective team who work collaboratively to ensure seamless payroll service delivery
- Manage team Service Requests and ensure effective resolution is carried out every time within Service Level Agreements
- Be first point of contact for relevant service line escalations; investigating and resolving in line with escalations process
- Effective people management; including performance and absence management as well as investigations of any conduct issues.
- Conducting PDRs and Career Conversations
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to support partnership working
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all payroll services - every time
- Ensure compliance, control and governance at all times
- Provide data and reports as and when requested
- Drive and embed continuous improvement and documented processes and controls
- Develop and coach payroll team members - improving departmental knowledge and expertise and enabling succession planning
- Produce monthly performance statistics for review with Service Delivery Manager
Payroll & Benefits Manager Requirements:
- UK Payroll experience including multiple currencies and legislation
- Robust excel and computerised systems skills
- Experience of working on a multi-site based payroll service
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple sites under tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in interpreting payroll rules and regulations
- Knowledge of pension schemes, practices and pension scheme administration
- Educated to professional level qualification in Payroll relevant subject(s) and have a minimum of 5 years+ experience of payroll practice (desirable)
Whats on Offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Opportunity to work for international leading business
- On-site parking